Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Written Word

It's amazing how often people under estimate the power of the written word, and I do mean written as opposed to typed or spoken/recorded. There's something much more intimate and freeing about something written down. There is power in words.

Durning my faith study the other day I was discussing with my leader how, I write everything down in journals, have for a long time. We began discussing the darker years of my life, and how I have very thing written down in there and still have it to this day. The thought came that I should get the books blessed so that anything dark that I was involved in would become harmless and that it wouldn't have the possibility of something that would linger over my head.

On a brighter note, I've decided to tackle a new project, one that I am keeping very secret but I am extremely excited for. It's a personal project that will involve me writing a lot of things down in one location for future reference. It sounds both incredibly boring and creepy when I say it that way, but it's going to be something magnificent if everything works out to plan.

I guess I'm slowly trying to get away from blogging and typing things up. It's certainly a lot easier to type things up, but there's something enjoyable about being able to look back on all the things that I have written down from years ago. It's quite the gift.

-Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment