Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Gentlemen - Chivalry Is Not Dead

Have you ever noticed that once you really like someone, it's like every other guy out there is suddenly interested in you. It's the same for guys, that once they start liking someone, suddenly they find out all these girls like them.

Life has a funny way of working out sometimes. Suddenly all these guys in my university program have begun to act like complete gentlemen to me and it's adorable. I think it's very sweet. It's just so funny that it comes out at a time where you're emotionally attached to someone else and their attempts seem futile.

There's this one guy in my program who was an absolute gentleman today and to look at him, you would never expect it. This guy is a heavy metal guitarist, long hair, leather jacket, pretty bad ass looking. If I didn't know he was such a sweetie, I'd hate to meet him in a dark alley.

We were heading to grab dinner at the campus bar and I thought we were taking the long way around (where we didn't have to step outside) and everyone else decided going outside was a short cut. I was just going to meet them all there, but before I had a chance to say it, this young gentleman had already taken off his leather jacket and put it around my shoulders. How very sweet.

We all proceeded to have a lovely time at the bar, as people usually do, and when it came time to leave he handed me his jacket again for me to wear.

He's not my type of guy, but it just goes to show that chivalry is not dead, and sometimes you can find it in some of the most unexpected people.

No comments:

Post a Comment