Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Ringing in Our First Anniversary The Right Way

That's right our one month anniversary is upon us and I can already tell this will be the longest relationship I will have had. We have our priorities directed in the right way and I have faith that this is meant to be something special. 

Tonight my boyfriend DS and I went to adoration together. My uncle was out of town for the weekend and asked if I could do his hour at the adoration chapel, which I had no problem doing. I decided to invite DS along. 

It was nice to pray, and read on our own, but then it was nice to pick up the book of intentions and begin praying together out loud for the intentions people wrote down in the book. When we were finished we held hands and we prayed for our relationship together, that God help us to keep Him at the center of all we do and to draw us closer to Him with everything we do together as a couple. 

I've always been told "A family that prays together, stays together" and while DS and I aren't family, if this is ever meant to be something permanent, well I can't think of a better way to ring in our first anniversary together than spending it praying together. 

While we are both still at the super shy stages together, I hope that there will be many more opportunities in our future for us to just sit down together and pray for each other, for our relationships to God and each other, and to pray for others in our lives, but doing so together. 

I like the foot that this relationship is starting out on. 

- Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment