Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Lord of the Rings in Concert

So I had the chance yesterday to travel to a nearby city to go see Lord of the Rings in Concert.

What you need to understand is that, this soundtrack is the very reason I wanted to become a musician. The composer Howard Shore is my musical hero and he is professionally the man I look up to.

I had bought my tickets back in April, and I have been quite excited to go, so much so that I have up traveling to another country with my family.

It's a good thing I did.

A few days before the concert, I received an e-mail saying that Howard Shore wanted to do a live video chat with some people before the concert.

So naturally I went!

I learned quite a bit from him and even got the chance to be one of the 4 people to get up and ask him a question. I loved the answer too!

We talked about how he chose the instrumentation and style of music for each race. He used Tolkien's idea of the compass and used western Europe as his map and chose everything based on location. The use of Celtic instruments and voices were used because they are the oldest record of early music and he wanted to portray that ancient sound. So cool!

So I got the chance to chat with my hero! Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment