Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Walk to Remember

This week has been pretty crazy, both good and bad. Classes are winding down and coming to an end an assignments are racking up and all being due at the same time. To add to that stress I have a lot of co-op hours to complete before the end of the month.

That being said, I've been spending a lot of hours working my co-op job, and loving every minute of it! Needless to say there's some pretty drastic construction going on right out front of the building that has stopped all traffic from passing on that road and the detour goes blocks around the area.

Well I have to get from co-op to campus somehow so I figure I would walk down the road to the next bus stop. I just missed the bus. So out of frustration, and not wanting to wait half an hour for the next one, I decided to walk. 3.5km from co-op to campus! It's the biggest walk I've ever taken actually in one stretch.

That was my Monday, then I did it again yesterday (Wednesday) and then today I made the walk both ways, from co-op to campus, and then back from campus to co-op!

My legs feel absolutely on fire right now but it also feels so absolutely incredible to know I can accomplish that and each day I've done it, it hurts less and I get there faster! I feel like a champ!

I guess this will be a new thing that I plan to keep up now! What's not to love about it!






No comments:

Post a Comment