Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Females Fix Cars

It seems hilarious to me the number of my male friends who are shocked that i'm not afraid to get under the hood of my car and attempt to fix things.

For the past couple of months, I've been having problems with my car overheating in a very stupid and silly manner, but it has been too cold for me to go and attempt to fix it.

Finally it became warm enough so I decided to tackle changing the thermostat!

I went over to my friends house who also had to work on his car, and we had a car fixing day. When it came time to work on my car, I was the only one who knew how to change the part! ( I have to mention that one friend is a major car enthusiast and the other is an engineer)

They watched as I changed the part and even said that I taught them something.

Huge thanks go out to my mom and grandpa who made sure I wasn't a helpless damsel who couldn't fend for herself! I felt so handy changing the part myself, and in the end it only cost me $15. I also haven't had an overheating problem since! Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment