Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

We Owned The Night

"Tell me have you ever wanted someone so much it hurts. Yeah your lips keep trying to speak but you just can't find the words. I had this dream once, I held it in my arms." - Lady Antebellum, We Owned The Night.

When I first heard this song I thought it was cute, just like every Lady Antebellum song I've ever heard before. I always thought they were cute lyrics that would attract listeners to their abstract ideologies of love.

Now I realize just how true those lyrics really are.

It took me a little longer than as per usual for me to open up to my mom about the way I felt this time around because honestly I felt like an idiot! Wanting someone so much that it hurt. That just seems silly, doesn't it. I had never felt that way about anyone and so when it started happening to me, I was scared to admit it because I thought my friends would laugh.

Well my friends did laugh, but no one in my family did. It seems like every single adult that I've spoken to has been through that in their life. So guess what young people, you laugh now, but it's coming for you!

My family keeps telling me that I've finally found love, which is crazy because I barely know the guy. However it is true that I've never felt this way before. Plus, I hurt. I really, truly, physically hurt because I care about him so much.

I'm not calling it love, because honestly how can you love a person you've just met. That's like believing in love at first sight and that seems silly to me. But I have noticed that there is something remarkably different in the way that I feel for this man.

Needless to say, song lyrics are starting to stand out to me a little more these days.

Who knows what God has in store for me in the future in this. I guess we will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment